Group Financial Controller | 12 month maternity cover
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to:
We’re Everything Different – an innovative, high growth marketing consulting group employing over 50 staff across offices in Newcastle and London.
We were founded as an independent award-winning North-East advertising agency in 1999, and we’ve evolved into a national consultancy with a creative, content, research and insight offering to an enviable client base.
You’ll be reporting directly the Managing Director, and as Financial Controller will have full responsibility for all accounting functions within the group businesses.
Specifically, you’ll be responsible for:
- Production of monthly management accounts for all group companies with accompanying Board packs and insightful commentary for Directors
- Provide directors with KPI reports and ad hoc MI reports as required
- Production of consolidated year-end statutory accounts in conjunction with accountancy firm
- Prepare all statutory payments, including PAYE and VAT
- All banking functions including liaison with bankers
- Preparation and management of cash-flow forecasts
- Payroll with accountancy firm, including directors’/shareholders dividends and tax returns
- Management of company pension scheme
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Maintenance of purchase ledger and sales ledger functions
- Managing working capital, including credit control
- Negotiation of supplier contracts, proactively looking cost savings on an ongoing basis
More about you:
- Fully qualified accountant
- Strong academic record
- Strong systems skills, including Advanced Excel, Sage50 Accounts professional and our agency management system Synergist (training provided)
- Outgoing, confident personality capable of developing strong working relationships with colleagues of all levels across the business, and of presenting confidently in monthly board meetings
- An experienced and confident financial controller who can pick up and take responsibility for the group’s finances for the 12-month period.
A full handover and training will be provided.
Can’t see the role you’re after?
Be bold. Get in touch anyway. We love meeting different thinkers and enquiring minds.
If all our seats have bums on them right now, you’ll be right there on our radar should a juicy opportunity crop up.
What’s it like to be Different?
• 26 days’ holiday incl. your birthday off every year
• Beer o’clock Fridays
• Company socials for every occasion
• Belter banter
• None of that same old, same old stuff
We know that when you’re looking for a job, it’s a bit of a stab in the dark. You don’t know everything you want to know about the company, and we’re not mind readers so we don’t know exactly what to tell you. But we can tell you that you’d be working with some talented, creative, amazing people who are, frankly, excellent tea makers.
We’re not saying Monday mornings feel exactly like Friday nights, but if we can narrow the gap that’s got to be a good thing, right?